Job Title: Marketing Intern
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Have you studied marketing and want to put your skills to work? Are you eager to learn more about marketing, and want to join a team where you will be challenged with new tasks? Are you interested in joining our marketing department and sharing creative ideas to help us achieve our goals.
If the answer is yes, we are looking for a marketing intern to help support our team. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing work. Starting off you will have administrative duties in helping the team execute marketing and sales initiative, and with success, there is the opportunity for these to grow into helping us through contributions to further develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will aimed to support your growth as a marketing professional, help you acquire marketing skills, build a strong foundation of fundamentals, and prepare you for future success!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting administrative needs of marketing team including but not limited to budget management, expense filing and tracking, invoice submission, etc.
- Supporting execution of tradeshows from registration through preparation, travel coordination, and ultimately wrap-up.
- Liaise between technical, regulatory and marketing teams to help ensure updated materials are approved, signed off on, and tracked via hardcopy and digital archive.
- Liase between Technical and Marketing teams to coordinate joint travel and material preparation for meetings.
- Conduct initial and on-going social media audits to support awareness and understanding of current status of industry social media, sharing your insights and recommendations on future initiatives and opportunities for Senestech.
- Conduct regular audits of printed advertising, providing updates to Technical, Regulatory and Marketing leadership on trends and possible priorities for review.
- Track all Senestech ads, print hard copies and include in technical, regulatory, and marketing archive.
- Update social media sites with pre-approved copy as needed. Monitor social media for comments, raising any posts to supervisor for review prior to response.
- Research best practices in B2B marketing trends within our industry, and prepare report for review by marketing, regulatory and tech leadership.
- Track digital metrics including google analytics, social media, etc.
- Lead and support additional marketing projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- An ability to multitask and perform under multiple and shorter deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time-management abilities
- Comfort with social media
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Passion for the marketing industry and building best practices
Education and Experience
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Creative approach with strong interest in social & Digital Media
- Basic knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Interested in latest trends and best practices in B2B online marketing and measurement
While not required, the below would be a strong advantage for success in the role:
- Familiarity with landing pages, Knowledge of user funnels including A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of monitoring, setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Previous experience using Marketing Automation platforms such as Hubspot, MailChimp.
- The majority of working hours are an office setting, either working independently or meeting with team members and corporate leadership in a conference room.
- Most work is performed while sitting or standing at a desk with a computer. Ability to lift 35 pounds required. Ability to use standard office equipment including computer, desk or cell phone, copier, and fax machines.
SALARY AND HOURS
$11.00 per hour. This is an internship position for a student who is currently enrolled part- or full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. We understand that flexibility of work schedule will be dictated by the candidate’s academic schedule and may change on an academic term-basis.
This position is requires 10-15 hours of work per week during the academic term, and may increase up-to 40 hours per week when not enrolled in classes. This is a non-benefit-eligible position, with the exception of accrued sick time as required by labor laws. Scheduling will be negotiated at the start of each academic term with the intent of establishing a set schedule for the upcoming semester. Internships are project-focused and finite in nature; successful completion of an internship with SenesTech may result in continuation of employment through a future internship. Interns are also eligible to apply for any regular staff position open at SenesTech.
SenesTech is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
SenesTech conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@SenesTech.com