Field Science Technicians
Website Senestech, Inc
Field Science Technicians
The Science Operations Team of SenesTech is seeking fulltime, dynamic individuals as Field Science Technicians, Level I. Field Science Technicians are responsible for providing product support to customers and project partners remotely and in the field. Field Science Technicians also assist in the collection and analysis of data obtained through product use in the field. Field Science Technicians train to provide sound scientific guidance to our customers. A scientific background is required and field research experience is preferred.
SenesTech, Inc. is a platform life sciences company specializing in reproductive physiology. Our mission is to complete the development of non-surgical reproduction management technology that could profoundly change the world via wildlife and companion animal population management. We are currently applying our revolutionary technology to the control of rats and mice in both agricultural and urban settings. To learn more, visit our website at www.senestech.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical support to customers and partners, focusing on the proper application of our products.
• Contribute to problem resolution of technical product issues.
• Provide appropriate information, training, and problem resolution to customers and partners.
• Travel to provide technical support, as required, individually and with a team.
• Operate company vehicles in accordance with company use and safety procedures.
• Perform site assessments, documenting signs of rat infestation and spatial details of area.
• Assist in data collection, adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Accurately input data into datasheets, notebooks, and databases.
• Perform additional analyses on previously collected product data, as necessary.
• Generate high-quality graphs, tables and other figures for distribution.
• Document locations using maps and GPS/GIS technology.
• Regularly inventory supplies and submit supply requisitions.
• Clean and resupply company vehicles.
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines. Perform all job-related duties in accordance with company safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in wildlife science, ecology, zoology, or related field.
• Two to three years related experience.
• Demonstrated communication skills (both written and oral).
• Data collection (preferably in a field setting), management and analysis experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret academic journals, technical publications, and government regulations.
• Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and follow-through.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Prism, JMP, and Smartsheet software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• Able to work in safety sensitive positions.
• Work may require long hours of carrying heavy objects (up to 40 lbs), walking, stooping and bending at waist; exposure to sun and changing weather conditions, rodents, insects and other wildlife.
• Most office work is performed while seated, although occasional periods of standing, walking, bending or carrying light objects are required.
• The work may require regular and recurring moderate risks or discomfort which require special safety precautions such as wearing protective clothing, boots, goggles or gloves.
• Position requires operation of company vehicles. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle and automobile insurance records.
• Travel is required 50% or more of the time. Group travel may require shared accommodations.
• Background check
• Drug Screening
• Occupational Health Assessment
• Motor Vehicle Record Check
• Automobile Insurance Records Check
SenesTech is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org